Sunday, October 7, 2007

Passenger Feels Ripped off by American Airlines

On July 6, 2007 I booked a flight # 2201 connecting with flight # 1153 from Philadelphia to Palm Springs for November 21, 2007. I also booked my return flight # 1352 connecting with flight #2634 from Palm Springs to Philadelphia on November 24, 2007. American Airlines charged my credit card so a contract was made.

On September 22, 2007 American Airlines emailed me to let me know that they cancelled all my flights and I would need to pick other flights. Leaving Philadelphia is not such a problem.... There are no flights leaving on Palm Springs after 3:00 pm on the 24th without having a very long overlay into Sunday. So now I have to pick a flight leaving on Sunday, the 25th, which is now costing me another nights stay in a hotel, an additional day on a rental car, additional food expense for the extra day and a day’s work. In addition, my seats are also spread out so again I am not seating with my daughter.

American Airlines is ripping me off. They schedule flights and now that’s its close to the holiday they cancel them and set up new schedules charging almost double the price, this is a scam and the public is getting cheated. Something needs to be done. As far as I am concerned we had a contract and American Airlines broke that contract and should pay for any additional
costs that I have to incur or give me better accommodations.

No comments: