Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Sometimes Delays Can Really Stink

Date: 5 October 2007
Airline: Alaska
Flight 813 Dallas to Seattle

After my flight was cancelled and I was booked onto a flight the following day, the airline sent me to a local hotel. The first room I was assigned hand no working air condition (90+ degrees in Dallas) and the bathroom lights didn’t work. I returned to the desk to get another room. As I approached the second room, there were dirty towels and sheets lining the hall. The door stood open in the room across from mine. I quickly determined why. I opened my door and the smell of urine was overpowering. The smell was coming from the carpet. The blanket had holes, there was rust around the bathroom fixtures, mold, etc. I tried to ignore the surroundings thinking I could take a shower and sleep in one little corner of the bed before returning to the airport. I gave up at 2:30 am, dressed, went downstairs and waited for the shuttle to the airport at 4:00 am I was not the only passenger who had given up and was waiting for the shuttle. In discussion with others, we all had similar room experiences.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thats not the airlines fault the rooms were bad, I just don't understand why you would put it in this discussion area. That is something you need to bring up to the corporate offices of the hotel chain if it was an independent hotel to the manager/owners.

kathryn of Dallas said...

LAST MOMENT CONCELATIONS AND DELAYS
Considering that American is treating their customers with disregard, I have to wonder why they are having so many problems. I for one will never travel on American again, first off, I had a flight from DFW to Detroit on Friday evening, the plane was delayed, Because the pilot hadn’t arrived on time from another flight, we were delayed 3 hours, then once he arrived he had to delay to reprogram the GPS to fly over St. Louis, because of the weather. Ok, one delay no problem, American has been known as first class airlines, Ha ha where have I been hiding, actually in Northwestern. lol, well Monday night the airplane I was suppose to return on was hit by lightning, and they had to inspect the plain, and it was delayed until 9 pm(originally to leave at 6:55 pm, at 8:30 I was sent a msg on my phone saying it was canceled, but the people at the counter wasn’t aware and then said that since it was an act of nature that the flight "Might be cancelled" that Hotel was not covered, and he never heard of American helping their customers with hotels, other than making them reservations. (what an idiot), well at nine they finally announced that the flight was cancelled, we went out on the same plane at 6 am the next morning after getting a hotel voucher and getting a few hours sleep. Well in addition to that type of consideration, I was told that everyone whose flight had been cancelled or changed was being flagged for extra security screening. LOL, I have never been frisked before in my life, nor my shoes polished by a TSA inspector, who was extremely nice and professional, but at the same time as frustrated as I was about having to screen and frisk so many more passengers than normal, for something they had no control over. Isn’t this type of treatment just a little over board, I felt bad not only for myself, my husband, and my fellow travelers, excuse me, I understand well the security measures taken to protect our lives and welfare, but this was not what it was all about, here is an airline who has an half empty flight, and well maybe there was a technical problem, but I would imagine they didn’t want to use the fuel to take those few passengers to Dallas, and by the time it was finally cancelled there are no other flights available to dallas,Tx. ,Seriously! American is Totally mismanaged, does not appear to have any form of organization or set rules of protocal, American Airlines has lost its integrity.